Friday 27 June 2014

First Impressions of Toronto!

Ok so I am in Toronto 2 weeks today and overall it has been a smooth adjustment over all. 

I want to take your through my very first impressions of the city. 

On arriving here my first night, despite the long day travelling - my very first impression of Canada was it was so friendly! I must have looked slightly bewildered in the airport as this very kind man asked me did I need help (of course he had Irish connections!) and kindly directed me to the bus into town. I felt so welcome and thought great start! 

I made my way in from the airport and rocked up to St. George station. My first decision was - Starbucks or Tim Hortons - of course it had to be Tims!! Again a woman in the Q spotted me with my suitcase and make conversation about where I was from, why I was here and wished me luck - again very friendly!

I sat down with my coffee (I am impressed with Tim Horton's btw!! - cheap and smoooooth) and while waiting for my friend - I seen a gay couple walking hand in hand outside - my second impression - This is very open and tolerant city. 

Quickly followed was my third impression - This city is absolutely hopping. I didn't have a clue where I was but my friend brought me along bustling Queen street on route to our house, low and behold the VVMAs (Canada's equivalent to MTVs VMAs) were setting up JUST down the road from us; performing artists were practicing as we were walking - I was excited! In between the VMA stages - i spot the CN tower for the first time - I was beyond excited now to see what more this city had in store for me. :)  

PS - fourth impression - Milk comes in bags!! - Err What!






No comments:

Post a Comment